The Poetry Review, founded in 1912, is the magazine of the Poetry Society, UK, and has a long-standing policy of publishing the very best work by new, up and coming poets, and established poets. All submissions are read by the editor and considered on an equal basis. Unfortunately, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we cannot offer any individual criticism. Our aim is to accept or reject work within three months – but please read, and follow, the submission guidelines below, in order to facilitate our response.
Submission guidelines (for all writers)
- Submit a maximum of six poems, all in the same document, with page breaks between them. Only one document is allowed per submission.
- You may submit new poems only when you have a received a decision about your last submission.
- Only send unpublished work.
- We do not consider simultaneous submissions, i.e. work that is being considered elsewhere.
- Include a cover note stating the titles of the poems you are submitting, your name and email.
- You may add a brief publication history (but this won’t affect your chances).
- If you need to withdraw individual poems from consideration, please click on the title of your submission; click on the "Activity" tab; and leave a note detailing which poem(s) should be withdrawn. Please only use the "Withdraw" function if you intend to remove all poems from consideration
Use this form if you are NOT a Poetry Society Member. Submissions are FREE to members of The Poetry Society. To join, please visit our website.